Manage episode 307795817 series 2312993
You can, and will, grow stronger from this my friend. If you surrender. So here are some things to keep in mind to that end.
What follows is my Self-Care Survival Guide for the Holidays! I’ve listed ten essentials that can help anyone get through the most stressful of holidays. Think of this as your pep talk to staying more calm, more grounded. Because, yes, you DO have permission to simplify!
My Top Ten Survival Tips:
- Keep an eye on your needs.
- Take time for you. Even if it means you have to get up before your kids.
- Don’t feel you have to say yes to every invitation
- Take care of your body
- Take time to connect with the people you love
- Take time to walk away from the people you love
- Do not buy into the ‘perfect Christmas/Kwanzaa/Hanukkah’ myth
- Don’t go out on a financial limb
- ASK FOR HELP
- Take time to give a little … and enjoy the season
May this help you take time and space for…YOU!
Happy holidays to one and all!
Suzanne Falter is a writer, podcaster and essayist whose work has appeared in SELF, O, More, Fitness, New Woman and The New York Times, Tiny Buddha and Elephant Journal. She is the author of multiple self-help titles including How Much Joy Can You Stand? (Ballantine) and the upcoming book, The Extremely Busy Woman’s Guide to Self-Care (Sourcebooks). Suzanne also hosts the Self-Care for Extremely Busy Women podcast where she interviews leading self-care authorities and shares her own ideas.