Manage episode 356278876 series 1062889
Did you know that certain spices, particularly turmeric, have demonstrated the ability to turn off inflammation and positively impact gene expression?
It sounds crazy, but spices are one of our most potent and underrated medicines.
Which is why in today’s podcast with biochemist, Dr. Bharat Aggarwal, a former professor at University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and expert on cytokines, the role of inflammation in cancer, and the anti-cancer effects of spices and herbs, we take a deep dive into exactly why turmeric and other spices are so powerful.
And also why most doctors today are not talking about them.
Here are some of the fascinating highlights from our conversation:
- Two uses of turmeric for children
- Why the FDA denied his patent
- The viruses turmeric can kill
- The toxic dose of turmeric
- The truth about turmeric and its bioavailability
- The only downside to turmeric
- How turmeric turns off inflammation
- How to determine how much turmeric you need
- The difference between curcumin and turmeric
- How turmeric compares to anti-inflammatory drugs
- The brain benefits of turmeric
- Why one of his papers was retracted
- Other spices and their benefits
- And so much more!
Please share this podcast with those you love and stay healthy, friends!
Paleovalley Superfood Golden Milk >>> Experience the soothing benefits of Turmeric + Ginger & Cinnamon with Paleovalley’s NEW Superfood Golden Milk HERE!
Paleovalley Turmeric Complex >>> Support Healthy Joints + Brain Health with Paleovalley’s Turmeric Complex HERE!
Dr. Bharat Aggarwal, Ph.D. >>> Learn More About Dr. Aggarwal’s Research HERE!
NutriSense - Continuous Glucose Monitoring >>> Learn More About NutriSense + Claim Your Exclusive Discount HERE!Use Discount Code: OPTIMIZE at Checkout for $30 OFF