Manage episode 315553906 series 2709807
#48: Casual convo on expat childhood, graduating from college, favorite comfort food w/Judy Chen
Pulled this from what I'll call the Time Capsule Series (recorded a while back, but not-yet-published interviews). This episode is from Summer 2019, after Judy graduated from Tufts University and contemplating next steps. We met up for a casual conversation at the Boston Public Library and talked about all sorts of topics:
- Reflecting on her life as an expat child growing up in Suzhou, China and attending a Singaporean International School
- Graduating from Tufts University with an anthropology degree
- Conducting research for her undergrad thesis to address the question "What does it mean to have a life at work?" and specifically examining work culture in the SF Bay Area through interviews, participant observations, and conferences (pretty relevant question given the events of the past two years)
- Going abroad to Chile for a "double study abroad"
- What she hopes to do if granted her OPT (one-year work visa in the US)
- What kind of food she seeks out when she gets homesick
(Episode is mostly in English, with some Chinese tossed in. 大部分用英文聊！)
Say hi! 來打招呼！
Show notes 主網頁: www.taiwanesediaspora.com.
Email 電子信箱: email@example.com://anchor.fm/twdiaspora/support