Manage episode 315122591 series 2709807
#47: Disability Pedagogy and Accessibility Advocacy (殘疾教育和無障礙宣傳)
Janelle Chu Capwell (朱自立) joins us for a conversation on:
- Growing up in the San Gabriel Valley (the SGV)
- Being a PhD candidate at the University of Arizona in English Composition and Rhetoric
- Her research interests: disability pedagogy and hiring student workers with disabilities
- Finding and sharing resources for the hard of hearing community at college (ex: CART captioning at Univ of Arizona)
- This immersive cultural project ("the Reciprocity Project"): using BiteSized Taiwanese to learn Taiwanese and will be documenting her learnings on her blog (and sharing with us here on the podcast!)
- Unpacking the privilege of choosing when to disclose her Asianness and Biracialness
Follow Janelle's Reciprocity Project at: https://thistaiwanesehokki.wixsite.com/website
Contact Janelle at: email@example.com
Thank you to Marissa for joining us for the conversation and helping provide captions!
Link to video of this episode on YouTube w/captions in English and option to translate into Chinese.
Link to full transcript of this episode:
Say hi! 來打招呼！
Show notes 主網頁: www.taiwanesediaspora.com.
Email 電子信箱: firstname.lastname@example.org://anchor.fm/twdiaspora/support