Manage episode 324504419 series 2951712
On this weeks episode of Spin IT! on Sports, Stephynie is talking with 5 time Pro-Bowler and 4 time All-Pro NFL Legend Jared Allen. Most know Jared for his tenacity on the field, his relentless work ethic, his larger than life personality and of course his signature mullet….but there is so much more.
Off the field he’s gone on to be a highly successful Entrepreneur, making headlines by forming an All-Pro curling team. But that's not all, Jared's biggest impact has come in the form of helping critically-injured United States Military Veterans.
While Allen was one of the best Defensive End’s to ever do it and had an illustrious 12 season NFL career….his journey wasn’t always smooth sailing and definitely had its fair share of challenges along the way.
On today’s episode, we’ll find out how Jared was able to overcome multiple bouts with the law and how he found a way to spin life in his direction….which ultimately led to becoming a Hall of Fame finalist, a devoted husband, father and a man that would change the lives of so many Veterans.
- 00:00- Spin It! on Spots Intro
- 00:47- Jared Allen’s Intro
- 00:50- When Jared chose to become a pro-athlete
- 05:30- Jared’s Roots
- 07:15- Horses = No Boys
- 09:25- When Jared dies, he doesn't want to be just known for his football career.
- 12:07- “Have an identity outside of whatever it is you do.”
- 14:00- Jared’s most pivotal moments before the NFL
- 17:25- “You either build eachother up or knock each other down.”
- 18:24- Jared’s DUI’s and what he learned!
- 23:30- Always make sure to surround yourself with good people
- 25:25- “We are a society of second chances.”
- 27:19- Don't be afraid to seek help!
- 29:27- How Jared chose “Wounded Warriors”
- 38:24- You have to Jump if you want to be an Entrepreneur
- 40:25- Faith, Family and Generosity
- 45:45- Jared biggest obstacle that he’s been able to turn into an opportunity
- 50:33- Social Media & Important Links
- 52:37- Spin It! Outro
Social Media & Important Linked