Manage episode 331435436 series 2951712
This week on Spin It! Stephynie is speaking with THE MARK METRY- If you have not heard of Mark or are not familiar with his work, you are in for a treat. Mark's parents immigrated from Egypt, he is first generation here in the US. Mark was so painfully shy due to various issues like mental health, social anxiety, and feeling like he just didn't quite fit in.
However, Mark prevailed! Today he is a Forbes Featured TedX speaker, host of a global top 100 podcast and a best selling author- BUT, that is not what I am most excited about. What I am most excited about is who Mark is, and how he is constantly and consistently giving back.
He has dedicated his life to being of service to others by making an impact in the industries of mental health, career enablement, mindset, health & wellness, storytelling, and more...
I'm not sure I have interviewed such an inspirational 25 year old. He has been featured on over 250+ podcasts and media like Forbes, Mindvalley, Influencive, Inc Magazine, Huff Post, Fearless Motivation, Spartan and many others. He has also interviewed top names such as Tim Ferriss, NPR, Lewis Howes & Gary Vaynerchuk.
Social Media & Important Links:
- 00:04 - Introductory Comments
- 02:03 - Mark Metry's Childhood
- 04:15 - Autoimmune Disorder
- 07 53 - Spending Time Alone
- 11:48 – Mark’s Relationship with His Parents
- 14:59 – Grandparents’ Experience and Challenges
- 19:12 - Mark's Depression
- 30:00 - One Thing They Could Have Said or Asked
- 38:17 - Exposure Therapy
- 44:31 - Building of Mark's Success
- 48:18 - Showing Up On All Different Platforms
- 49:38 - Podcast Listeners
- 54:38 - Favorite Guest on Podcast
- 55:54 - Worst Guest
- 57:05 - Mark's Standout On Podcast
- 58:57 - Screw Being Shy
- 1:02:36 - Who's This Book For?
- 1:02:50- Haters Online
- 1:05:07 - Dealing With Haters Online
- 1:08:26 - Obstacles And Opportunities