Manage episode 337065636 series 3373718
The quiche conundrum: Is it a viable breakfast food, or just glorified leftovers? These are the types of pressing questions we get to unravel on today’s episode of Delicious City Philly, along with some really amazing best bite experiences, not only in the Philly area, but in the Poconos in Jim Thorpe. Everything from savory pastries, the best way to eat lobster, using calamari as a way to tell what a restaurant’s capability of cooking seafood is, to the importance of wheelchair accessibility and disability training in restaurants. We cover it all in this episode!
Joining us is Emmy award winning host of WHYY’s show “Check, Please! Philly”, as well as a world renowned food and travel writer and editor, Kae Lani Palmisano. She takes us through her journey to TV and what it's like to host “Check, Please!”. She has a fresh take on food and brings us her favorite food experiences as of late, that includes a cute little bed and breakfast in the mountains.
Join us for some scrumptious discussions that will be sure to have your mouth watering
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How Kae Lani got into TV
- About the show “Check Please! Philly”
- The impact of Check Please! on the restaurants after airing
- Discussion about wheelchair accessibility
- Kae Lani’s best bite at a bed and breakfast in Jim Thorpe
- Thoughts on quiches
- Favorite savory pastries
- Solving the lobster roll and lemon juice problem
- Eli’s best bite at a newish Philly BBQ spot
- Marisa's newest find/Best Bite… tropical lobster roll anyone?
- Benefits of going out to a restaurant during the week
- Delicious City's restaurant correspondent finds a Turkish gem
- Using calamari as a seafood barometer at a restaurant
- Food news with Sarah Maiellano
Be sure to check out “Check, Please! Philly” on Instagram!
Connect with Kae Lani:
The absolute best salads and noodles in Philly are at Honeygrow! 👉 www.honeygrow.com
Incredible hospitality focused PR from Peter Breslow and his team! Check them out here 👉https://peterbreslow.come
The perfect all in one delivery experience with Foodie Hall 👉 www.foodiehall.com
Pennsylvania’s original Rye Whiskey with the handcrafted deliciousness of Dad’s Hat Rye 👉https://dadshatrye.com