ARCHITECTING Podcast - Career + Lifestyle Mentoring for Architects looking to move beyond overwhelm and make a difference through design
Getting Bad Advice? Maybe You’re Asking the Wrong Questions
Manage episode 346439278 series 2923058
Ever get advice that doesn't resonate- so you ask someone else, and someone else, and someone else? You're having this experience because you don't have clarity on what you really want, so you're only focusing on what's wrong. Fixing a problem with another person or situation is always an inside job first.
- The feeling of conflict is a sign that there is an integrity gap between your experience and your authentic self.
- Trying to get resolution to this conflict by asking for advice is like auditioning for a role you don’t want. No matter how good the advice, you won’t really want to take action because you don’t really feel aligned with the outcome.
- Great advice might not be great advice for you. The truth has to come from you.
- You can’t have a courageous conversation with someone unless you are first honest with yourself about why you feel conflicted.
- Focusing on how you were wronged or what you want to change about someone else’s behavior creates more conflict and a duality instead of integrity.
GET YOUR SEAT FOR SALUTOGENESIS FOR YOUR SOUL HERE
Join the architecting community:
Interested in sponsoring a show or having me as a guest on your podcast or community? Stop here to get information.
Into/outro music Alive by Richard Wasson Copyright 2019