Manage episode 294970245 series 2582535
Ever thought about selling your business? It’s a scary process! There are so many details that come into play, and if it’s a route you’re planning on taking in the future, it's vital that you know all of the facts in order to serve you in the best way possible.
QUICK REMINDER: Doors to our Youpreneur Incubator Coaching & Mastermind are open! If you’re interested in being coached by myself, other experts and masterminding throughout the year with incredible entrepreneurs, like you, who are on the same journey, just click here for more information and to secure your place!
In this episode, Chris invites John Warrillow, author of Built to Sell, onto the show to discuss the ins and outs of what is involved within the business selling process. Tune in to find out the biggest mistake John has seen people make, his advice for when a deal doesn’t work out, and why it’s always best to have back up offers!
- [06:09] - The biggest mistake John has seen people make in the process of selling a business
- [19:48] - When and how to have the discussion that you’re selling the business with your employees
- [26:35] - John’s advice for when a deal falls through
- [30:34] - Why you should always have multiple offers
- [32:45] - What’s involved in a sale of a brick and mortar business
Essential Learning Points From This Episode
- The ugly truth of selling a business
- What happens when a deal falls through
- The conversation to have with your employees when you’re selling your business
- Not relying on only one offer
- The risk of being dependent on one platform
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode
- Get Access to John’s gifts!
- Join the 2021 Youpreneur Incubator Coaching & Mastermind
- Join the Profitable Personal Brand Entrepreneurs Group
- Subscribe to Chris’ YouTube Channel
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
- Download your FREE copy of the Personal Branding Roadmap
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we’re grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.