EIC 032: Destigmatizing Mental Health - ADHD, Therapy, Meds, and More
Manage episode 269441705 series 2595762
Mental Health Check: We just want to make sure you're all taking care of yourselves the best that you can during the pandemic. I also wanted to talk a little bit about my recent ADHD diagnosis and why it's important now more than ever to make sure you are taking care of your mental health and that we are all destigmatizing what that looks like as well.
We will always affirm you in that the things you're feeling are valid and that you're not crazy. Having a mental illness is normal and we urge you to take care of it, the same with your physical body.
Mentioned on this week's episode:
- EIC 020: Where I've Been and My Mental Health Journey
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline - 1-800-273-8255
Thanks for listening! Keep in touch:
- Share the show and tag us on Instagram: @empoweredincolor
- Tweet at us on Twitter: @empoweredpoc
- When you post about your successes and stories, use the hashtag #WhenPOCThrive
- Subscribe on iTunes, Google Play Music, or Spotify. Leave a review on iTunes/Apple Podcasts to help us reach more people!