Confronting the challenges and creating change: A conversation with Laura Bates
Manage episode 352198528 series 2797316
This month's episode of the Divine Feminist is a special one, as Ceryn talks with Laura Bates about her work and experiences to date.
Founder of The Everyday Sexism Project and author of eight books to date, Laura is involved with a number of programmes and campaigns that demand real change from those at the very top of our societies, and works in schools across the UK and beyond to educate young people about sexism, consent and sexual violence.
Her latest book, No Accident, is the second of her fictional works and, though aimed at young adults, provides a powerful and important perspective on these subjects and their impacts upon young people today.
- If you would like to know more about Laura Bates and her work, check out Laura's website of that of The Everyday Sexism Project. Meanwhile, Laura's books include:
- No Accident (also known as The Trial)
- Men Who Hate Women
- The Burning
- Girl Up
- Everyday Sexism
- Fix the System, Not The Women
- Within this episode, Laura mentions a number of resources for those concerned about their online safety. They are:
- If you would like to learn more about Ceryn and her work, head to her website
- Meanwhile, to keep up with the latest from Ceryn and all things Divine Feminist, follow @divine.feminist on Instagram.
- Music is Start Again by Alex Beroza, copyright Alex(2014), sourced through YouTube and available to hear in full here.
- Finally, if you enjoy The Divine Feminist and would like to buy Ceryn a Ko-fi, you can do that here.