Manage episode 336561276 series 2943736
In today's episode of The Dr. Haley Show, Dr. Haley chats with Rick Olderman, MSPT, CPT, a physical therapist, clinic owner, personal Trainer, pilates instructor and speaker, as well as an author of the 'Fixing You' book series.
Rick graduated from physical therapy school in 1996. After failing to help his patients adequately, he realized that standard physical therapy education left him unprepared to truly help people with chronic pain or nagging injuries. As a result Rick has spent the last 20+ years developing his pioneering approach.
He realized that a fundamental element connecting movement, structure and pain was missing from most disciplines. As a result, he's dedicated the past two decades to unravelling the secrets of how the body creates and eliminates pain. He's distilled his discoveries down to a very simple system anyone can follow.
In this episode you'll discover:
- A little of Rick's extensive background and how he came to create the Fixing You program.
- Why many of the issues people have with back pain are often related to bad posture.
- Details on the 'Fixing You' program and how it can help.
Join Rick and Dr. Haley and for this fascinating and challenging discussion.
What You’ll Learn in this Show:
- Rick's background and how he ended up diving into the field of physical therapy.
- How posture issues often account for many issues people have with back pain.
- How the 'Fixing You' program can help with many issues you may be suffering with.
- And so much more...