Manage episode 332613878 series 2817804
Check out Billy on the Web: www.comedy.lawyer
See You're on Mute - LIVE (" The Greatest Sketch Group of All Time" featuring Billy DeClercq, JoAnna Senatore, Griffin Taylor, & Toni Senatore, with special guests) every 1st Saturday night every month at 10:00 pm at the Pack Theater in Hollywood.... live sketch and improv comedy birthed from Second City classes by four exemplary students, molded by the pressures of Zoom shows during the pandemic and now before you perfected for live performance.
Hi everyone - Laying Down the Law is on hiatus right now, we have been working hard on Season 3, but I wanted to take a moment and join a unified response of podcasters speaking out in response to the Dobbs decision that overturned 50 years of established legal precedent in the Unites States -- with more to come. And while this is ostensibly a law and comedy podcast, there's nothing funny about this change in the law. So I'm joining independent podcasts everywhere in speaking out.
While Americans overwhelmingly support the right of an individual to make their own decisions about abortion, unfortunately, that right is no longer protected everywhere in the U.S.
The Supreme Court overturned Roe versus Wade on June 24th.
Abortion is a basic healthcare need for the millions of people who can become pregnant. Everyone should have the freedom to decide what’s best for themselves and their families, including when it comes to ending a pregnancy. This decision has dire consequences for individual health and safety, and could have harsh repercussions for other landmark decisions.
Restricting access to comprehensive reproductive care, including abortion, threatens the health and independence of all Americans. Even if you live in a state where abortion rights are upheld, access to safe medical procedures shouldn’t be determined by location, and it shouldn't be the privilege of a small few.
You can help by donating to local abortion funds. To find out where to donate for each state, visit donations 4 abortion dot com. That’s the number 4.
If you or someone you know needs help, or if you want to get more involved, here are 5 resources.
1. Shout Your Abortion is a campaign to normalize abortion.
2. Don’t Ban Equality is a campaign for companies to take a stand against abortion restrictions.
3. Abortion dot cafe has information about where to find clinics.
4. Plan C Pills dot org provides early at-home abortion pills that you can keep in your medicine cabinet.
5. Choice dot c-r-d dot c-o has a collection of these resources and more.
We/I encourage you to speak up, take care, and spread the word.
- https://abortion.cafe/ - this is a collection of abortion resources
- shoutyourabortion.com - this is a campaign to normalize abortion
- https://donations4abortion.com/ - donate to support abortion funds by state
- https://secure.actblue.com/donate/supportabortionfunds - donate to the national network of abortion funds (donations split between 80+ abortion funds)
- https://usow.org/repro/volunteer/ - this is a list of abortion clinics across the country that need volunteers
- https://dontbanequality.com/ - this is language for companies to use to stand against the ruling
- plancpills.org/ambassadors - here are early abortion access pills you can store in your cabinet
- https://prochoice.org/ - this is an abortion access hotline
- https://natalist.com/products/early-pregnancy-test-strips - buy early pregnancy test strips
- https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control - get info on types of birth control
- https://choice.crd.co/ - this is a collection of these above links and more. Managed by @starplanes - DM them on twitter to add more
- https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy/explore/abortion-policy-absence-roe - abortion policy by state as of June 1, 2022
- More in-depth version: https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy
If you’re ready to make a podcast, make your podcast better or collaborate in another way, contact us at email@example.com