Manage episode 284353748 series 2795836
On this episode, we discuss both the history and the near future of the filibuster. We also talk about the recent coup in Myanmar, the Senate passing Biden's $1.9 billion COVID relief bill, Republicans voting on the futures of Liz Cheney and Marjorie Taylor Greene, and the how Wisconsin's GOP voted to overturn the state's mask mandate. Find us on Facebook and Twitter at ThinkProPod! If you would like to email us, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you like our podcast, make sure to leave a 5-star review! Useful links from the episode:
- Myanmar coup: What is happening and why?
- `House approves budget resolution for COVID-19 package
- Senate passes $1.9 trillion COVID relief resolution after all-night "vote-a-rama"
- Liz Cheney survives vote to remove her from GOP leadership
- Greene apologizes to GOP colleagues — and gets standing ovation
- House votes on Greene
- WI Mask mandate overturned by State Assembly
- Filibuster and Cloture - U.S. Senate
- Congressional Research Service Filibuster Report
- Going 'Nuclear': How We Got Here
- Poll: Most Want Assertive Senate on Judges
- McConnell Tweet
- Statista Report