Manage episode 289260184 series 2286098
This week I'm happy to welcome another fly angler to the show, and one who is based in the beautiful Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee, an area I haven't really featured much on the podcast. Charity Rutter is an owner, guide, instructor and graphic designer of R and R Fly Fishing based in East Tennessee.
She's a native Oklahoman who picked up fly fishing after relocating to East Tennessee and meeting her future husband, fly angler Ian Rutter. She's been guiding for nearly 20 years now and together they've built a successful guide service offering wading trips (and if the conditions allow, drift boat trips). In addition to that Charity has gotten into hosting women's only events. One of which is a Glamping adventure happening this week as this episode is released. They also do an annual trip out west that you need to check out!
We talk about all this on the episode as well as touch on some saltwater fishing, specifically tarpon, one of my bucket list fish and some bear stories!
I know you're really going to enjoy this conversation with Charity Rutter!
Mentioned in this Episode:
- R and R Fly Fishing
- R and R Fly Fishing on Facebook
- R and R Fly Fishing on Instagram
- Women's World of Fishing Monday Night Takeover YouTube Channel
Support our Sponsors!
- Lance Camper
- Key West Boats
- Freedom Boat Club Nashville
- The Boat Locker
- St. Croix Rods
- Hellwig Suspension Products
- RUNCL (10% OFF Discount Code: TWA10RUN)
- Stealth Rod Holders
- Al's Goldfish Lure Co.
- YOLOtek (use Coupon Code Angie for free shipping!)
- Lady Bass Anglers Association
- National Professional Anglers Association
- Waypoint Outdoor Podcast Collective
Full show notes available at thewomanangler.com/178
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices