Manage episode 290510632 series 1116286
In this episode, Chris Hutchinson (CEO of Trebuchet Group) and Seth Silvers (CEO of Story On Media & Marketing) discuss:
* How the Covid-19 is forcing many leaders to clarify their purpose and to refocus on what is valuable.
* How the pandemic really hit home for many people that we aren’t in control of many aspects of our lives.
* How the pandemic is teaching everyone, from business leaders to schoolchildren, about resilience, coping mechanisms, and dealing with stress.
* The benefits of doing weekly 15 minute huddles with your business colleagues. In some of Chris’s recent huddles, he and his team have talked about equity, diversity, and inclusion.
* What’s the role of the leader?
* Patrick Lencioni’s idea of a rallying cry.
* Chris’s hope that people take this time to do some self reflection. And that, instead of justi figuring out something technical, such as “it’s better to do X instead of Y,” Chris hopes that people ask more poignant questions, such as,”How are we working together?”
* The thought experiment of asking yourself: “What would my company have to do in order to still be in business 100 years from now?”
* How the pandemic is providing us an opportunity to choose. In a way, we can either say, “This is a crappy time.Or we can say, “This is helping expose the things that really matter to us.”
* How, as leaders, when we commit to learning, we’ll know what we're going to stumble upon.
Learn more about being a Ripple leader: https://www.rippleleader.com/ripplepodcast