Manage episode 329408387 series 2543942
Markets are in turmoil, and we almost busted out the siren. But instead of commemorating the second bear market in the Razor's Edge's lifetime, we focused on whether, actually, growth stocks might have bottomed. In an episode recorded Sunday, May 22nd, we talk about the growth stock washout, whether sentiment or operating momentum has bottomed, whether ZoomInfo makes sense as a short and Zoom Video makes sense as a long, and the peer pressure that a lot of investors, famous or not, have faced in the past couple years.
This is the first of a two-part episode, as we'll get to the Twitter story tomorrow or Wednesday.
- 3:00 minute mark – The pending bear market, and have growth stocks already washed out?
- 8:00 – The ZoomInfo short and picking on the last high flyer standing
- 14:00 – So is this a bottom?
- 21:00 – Sentiment bottom vs. operating momentum bottom
- 33:00 – The recession/slowdown shoe to drop
- 38:00 – Zoom’s “soft landing” problems
- 43:00 – The two Zooms
- 52:30 – The turning tide among big-name investors and the peer pressure market