Manage episode 306625360 series 61117
Apple released a new feature for iOS and macOS called Focus Mode to help you focus and customize your notifications for fewer distractions.
In this episode, we’ll unpack this feature, how we use it and how you can use it to focus and get less distracted. Even if you don’t use an iPhone or Mac, we’ll also cover Windows and Android alternatives.
If you have never heard of Focus mode, we’ll help you get started. Some of you might already use Focus Mode and we’ll give you more advanced tips to get the most out of it
Thanks to Indeed for supporting The Productivity Show. Indeed is offering our listeners a $75 credit at indeed.com/tps. Terms and conditions apply. Offer valid through December 31, 2021.
Thanks to JustWorks! justworks.com
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/377.
- Top 3 Productivity Resources [2:15]
- What is “Focus Mode”? [4:55]
- What are some alternatives to Focus Mode for non-MacOS/iOS users? [8:11]
- How should you start using Focus Mode? [10:24]
- Which Focus Mode features does Thanh focus on most? [14:07]
- Why does Thanh recommend Focus Mode for iPad specifically? [19:37]
- What else can you do with Focus Mode besides moderating notifications? [25:26]
- How does Thanh recommend using the custom interface features of Focus Mode? [28:35]
- What is Brooks’ final tip for using Focus Mode effectively? [31:48]
- How does Thanh manage his “Do Not Disturb” mode? [36:16]
- Action step to integrate today’s topic into your life [41:31]
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.