Manage episode 303334702 series 61117
Over the years, we’ve done many podcast episodes about organization and decluttering, but we always get questions about one specific area: photos!
We decided to call in an expert, so in this episode, I am joined by Isabelle Dervaux, a professional photo organizer and family photo curator. She has a background as an artist, is a regular speaker, and has been featured in Real Simple, the Wall Street Journal, and The New Yorker. We’re going to talk about decluttering your photos and making them something that brings you joy.
Thanks also to Masterworks. Sign up and get one of the 35 passes to skip the long waitlist, go to masterworks.io/TPS.
Keep your data private and secure when you go online by using ExpressVPN. Get an extra 3 months free on a one-year package at expressvpn.com/TPS.
Listen to Business Wars – Death Row vs. Bad Boy on Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, or you can listen one week early and ad-free by joining Wondery Plus in the Wondery app.
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/371.
- Who is Isabelle, and what does she do? [2:54]
- Top 3 Productivity Resources [4:30]
- How did Isabelle end up becoming a photo organizer? [7:03]
- Why is photo organization so different from other forms of organization? [9:33]
- What has changed in photo organization as the digital world expands? [14:08]
- Why go through the de-cluttering process if you can just buy/access more storage? [16:48]
- What does Isabelle prefer for organization? Photo apps, or file apps? [19:46]
- What are some successful approaches Isabelle has seen people use for photo organization over the years? [21:13]
- What are some quick tips for large-scale photo management? [25:40]
- What can you do when you aren’t sure how to organize a photo? [37:07]
- What is Isabelle’s framework for overhauling your photo collection? [40:06]
- How do you approach photo organization when you’re incredibly busy or overwhelmed? [44:12]
- What are some common mistakes Isabelle has seen people make with photo organization? [45:27]
- How can you approach organizing physical photographs too? [46:49]
- What are Isabelle’s productivity tips? [48:34]
- Gemini (iOS App)
- Photosweeper (Mac)
- Duplicate Cleaner Pro (PC)
- The Photo Managers
- Book: Essentialism, by Greg Mckeown
- Book: The Paradox of Choice, by Barry Schwartz
- Book: Seeing Things- A Kids Guide To Looking At Photographs, by Joey Meyerowitz
Connect with Isabelle
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.