Manage episode 316500810 series 2849293
In today’s episode, we’re going to be talking about productivity and procrastination, but with a special focus on STUDENTS.
90% of students procrastinate, but the reasons are very different than with adults.
We’re going to dive into that, and we’re going to share some special strategies to help the students in your life manage their time, develop smart study skills, and become FUNCTIONAL procrastinators.
Even if you don’t have kids (student-age or otherwise), there’ll be lots of productivity tips that can help anyone.
Go to Shopify.com/tps for a FREE fourteen-day trial and get full access to Shopify’s entire suite of features.
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/385.
- Top 3 Productivity Resources [2:51]
- Why is an analog clock better than a digital clock for time management? [4:17]
- What is Leslie’s background and how did she get into time management? [7:14]
- What age range is Leslie’s main focus for Order Out Of Chaos? [9:45]
- How do students and adults procrastinate differently from one another? [13:03]
- How does Leslie define procrastination? [19:03]
- What are some ways parents can help their children break down priorities and structure responsibilities? [26:00]
- How does the Order Out Of Chaos system vary across age ranges? [34:23]
- What time management-specific advice does Leslie have for parents? [37:35]
- How should parents deal with plans from their children that seem unreasonable/unattainable? [42:13]
- What does Leslie think about parents creating effective learning environments for their children to thrive within? [46:12]
- What is the secret superpower of using music during study? [52:01]
- What are some planner “best practices”, according to Leslie? [56:34]
- What does Leslie suggest to help with motivating students to improve their time management skills? [1:04:03]
- Action step to integrate today’s topic into your life [1:08:27]
- Book: How to Do It Now Because It’s Not Going Away: An Expert Guide to Getting Stuff Done
- Analog Wall Clock
- Academic Planner – A Tool for Time Management
- Productivity Academy
Connect with Leslie Josel
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.