Manage episode 294993060 series 1304145
Are you toying with the idea of switching from an open to a closed-door membership model?
Hold on! Before you make the switch, there are some vital things to consider first. In this episode, I’ll take you through the top things to prepare for, decide on, and consider before switching your enrolment model.
Switching to a closed-door model isn’t a decision to take lightly. It doesn’t just affect your marketing. It can change the whole member experience as well. This episode covers some ways you can weather the storm and make the switch a smooth transition.
Essential Learning Points:
- Why you need a solid reason for changing your enrolment model
- What you need to prepare for and communicate to your members
- How a closed-door model can change the member experience
- What switching to a closed-door model will do for member numbers
- Why you still need to market and keep people engaged throughout the year
Important Links & Mentions:
- The Membership Guys
- Membership Academy
- 6 Situations Where The Closed Door Membership Model Makes Sense
“It just stands to reason that, if you have a product, you want to make it available and accessible for people to buy and join when the time is right for them.”
“Clear, transparent communication about this change, whether you're going from open to closed or close to open, is key to really nailing this process.”
“Whether your doors are open all the time or closed and only open two or three times a year, you still need to market year-round. You still need to show up in between your launches.”