Manage episode 374942358 series 3007702
Alan Graves is the CEO of Do Not Age, a UK-based longevity company, and he’s been fully immersed in the biohacking space since 2019. In that short time, he’s become a leader in supplementation and expanded his curiosities—even as far as outer space.
We talk about his preparation for an upcoming Virgin Atlantic flight to the stars, and how he plans to protect his human form in such an environment. We also touch on our dieting journeys—from veganism to all-meat and everything in between, ride the pharmaceutical industry for its ongoing role in promoting sickness in many forms, and sing the praises of Do Not Age’s innovative line of products.
From deep space to raspberries, detailed biochemistry to FDA politicization, this episode has it all—as Alan wields an informed and inquisitive perspective on all things biohacking, past, present, and future.
00:01:52 — Going to Space: Preparation, Inspiration & Motivation
• Alan’s preparation to go to space with Virgin Atlantic
• Looking ahead to a total perspective change
• Dave’s family background in aerotech
• Sending a coffee bean to the moon (maybe)
00:08:14 — Avoiding & Counteracting Antinutrients
• Remembering their vegan experiences
• Dave’s current diet and how he got there
• Liam Hemsworth and oxalic acid
• Why you shouldn't eat raspberries
• Beef vs. chicken vs. fish
00:14:55 — Becoming a Biohacker: How, When & Why?
• Realizing longevity can be extended
• Who paid for the paper?
• Investing with integrity
00:22:49 — Do Not Age (DNA) Products & Innovation
• Long term view on research at Do Not Age
• Taking the hacker approach to business challenges
• Update on NMN’s status in the US
• Importance of guaranteed purity
• Breaking down Do Not Age’s resveratrol offering
• The role of sirtuins in our body
• Resveratrol vs. pterostilbene
• Singing the praises of Calcium AKG
• Prevention is easier than treatment
00:42:33 — What’s Next? Looking Ahead at Longevity
• How long do you think you’ll live?
• Artificial intelligence is based on the past, not the future
• The rise of collagen peptides
• Low cost + high efficacy + data proven
• Dosing daily collagen tips
• Dave takes a visit to Walmart headquarters
• Testing for false product claims on Amazon
• How and why to buy the good stuff
Dave Asprey’s NEW Book ‘Smarter Not Harder’ is out now: https://daveasprey.com/books
Do Not Age: donotage.org
The Human Upgrade is produced by Crate Media.