How to Make $600,000+ Per Year By Being "Overemployed"
Manage episode 353457774 series 2510869
Today on the podcast, Mitko (@mitkoka) is joined by Isaac, the founder of Overemployed.com. If you haven’t heard of over-employment yet, strap in, because this is wild. Overemployment is the idea of having multiple full-time jobs as a knowledge worker. At the time of this recording, the over-employed subreddit has over 135,000 members that earn top salaries from 2 or more full-time jobs without their employers having any idea.
During this interview, Isaac shared how he stumbled into over-employment and why he decided to start the website and Reddit community, the most jobs he’s ever heard someone holding on to at the same time (it’s way more than you think), how to hide that you’re over-employed from your boss, and how people manage to juggle so many full-time jobs at once.
💬 Topics Discussed:
- What does it mean to be over-employed?
- How did Isaac find out about the over-employed movement?
- What are some industries where over-employment is a regular occurrence?
- What are some of the craziest job stories Isaac has heard from the over-employed community?
- How do companies react when they find out about a person working multiple full-time jobs?
- How prevalent is over-employment in tech?
- What kind of income can people expect from having multiple jobs?
- Managing multiple jobs at the same time
- Efficient ways of organizing your work
- Can there be reference blowback if people find out you are over-employed?
- Shifting your mindset from the traditional, one-job approach
- What is the endgame for people partaking in the over-employment community?
- Balancing your costs when having multiple jobs
- Building an ideal work environment when you are over-employed
- Juggling multiple meetings at the same time
- Why not start your own business instead of working multiple jobs at the same time?
- Why did Isaac start the over-employed community?
- Defining the future of work
📬 Subscribe to Remote Insider
👾 Join the TRL Slack Channel