Colombia Digital Nomad Guide with Alex Harling
Manage episode 348026238 series 2510869
Today on the podcast, Mitko (@mitkoka) is joined by Alex Harling (@AlexanderHarli7) from DynamiteJobs.com.
Alex has been living in Colombia with his wife Lina for the last 2 years and during this episode, the two discussed why Colombia is so attractive for digital nomads if Colombia is a safe place to set up a home base, and what Alex’s top recommendations are for cities to base from why in Colombia. If you’ve been curious about Colombia, this is the digital nomad guide you’ve been waiting for!
💬 Topics Discussed:
- How did Alex end up spending much of his time in Colombia?
- Colombia’s improved reputation over the last years
- How did Alex explain going to Colombia to his family?
- U.S. State Department Travel Advisories
- Staying up to date thanks to the U.S. State Department’s alerts and notifications
- What makes Colombia a great spot for digital nomads?
- The cost of living in Colombia
- Apartment hunting in Colombia
- The process of getting a Colombian visa
- Dealing with immigration when entering
- Nomad Visas VS Tourism Visas
- What intrigues U.S. citizens about South America?
- Places to visit in Colombia
- Unique attractions in Colombia
- The diverse culture of Colombia
- The variety of available outdoor activities
- Locations in Colombia that have potential as a digital nomad hotspot
- The limitations of Colombian infrastructure
📬 Subscribe to Remote Insider
👾 Join the TRL Slack Channel