Manage episode 300192437 series 1126786
Every day the scientific community is learning more about the important connections between brain health, mental health, mood and the food we eat. Our brains function best when they get the right fuel – and that fuel comes from eating a healthy diet filled with nutrient-dense foods like fruits, vegetables, eggs, nuts and seafood.
Tune into this podcast episode with guests Dr. Mickey Rubin and dietitian Kitty Broihier to learn about:
- Why brain health is important at any age
- How diet is related to brain health
- What’s good for the heart is good for the brain
- What the MIND Diet is and what foods are encouraged
- What the research shows about wild blueberries and brain health
- What the research shows about eggs and cognition
- Tips for grocery shopping and stocking up on foods that support brain health
- Tips for cooking and incorporating foods that support brain health into your diet
- The difference between wild and cultivated blueberries
- Other lifestyle strategies beyond diet for brain health
- How to get the free Cognition Kitchen Guide, recipes and other resources
This episode is a partnership with the Egg Nutrition Center and the Wild Blueberry Association of North America.
Full shownotes and resources at: www.SoundBitesRD.com/187