Manage episode 298568519 series 1126786
People have enjoyed the delicious crunch of peanuts throughout history, and today, research surrounding peanut nutrition continues to point to its health benefits.
Tune into this podcast episode with guest Dr. Samara Sterling, a nutrition scientist and the Research Director for The Peanut Institute with expertise in the use of plant-based nutrition for the prevention and treatment of chronic diseases.
In the episode we discuss:
- the latest research on peanuts/peanut butter consumption and diabetes/cardiovascular disease
- what nutrients and components in peanuts and peanut products are beneficial to health and why
- the role of plant sterols, bioactives, protein, amino acids, fiber and fat in peanuts/peanut products
- practical and fun tips and ideas for incorporating peanuts and peanut products into your diet
- facts about the added sugar and fats in peanut butter
- how peanuts/peanut butter fit into the plant-based eating trend
- the role of peanuts in cognition/mental health
- facts about peanut farming and sustainability
This episode is sponsored by the family farmers of the Georgia Peanut Commission.
Full shownotes and resources at: www.SoundBitesRD.com/185