Manage episode 173560730 series 1390307
Rule of 3's teach us that you can only survive 3 days without water. Prepping for locally affected/short recovery threats doesn't require much water. However, what if you are trying to prepare for a more extreme threat like a collapse that could have a longer recovery time? This is especially challenging if you live an apartment where you have a limited amount of storage space. In that case we must consider how to store emergency water supply in an apartment.
In this week's episode Magaret has a question about prepping in an apartment but more specifically how to store emergency water supply in an apartment. Being that I am also an apartment prepper I can definitely relate. So I wanted to share some ideas that I have used personally and other ideas that I have found from other prepper communities.
How to Store Emergency Water Supply in an Apartment
- Use Smaller Soda bottles like 2 liters to take advantage of smaller spaces in your cupboards and other areas like under the bed, the floor of your closet, etc.
- Purchase Blue Can - Premium Emergency Water to store water in extra small spaces throughout your apartment like under sofas and other furniture
- Keep collapsible water bottles that you can take with you to gather water from local sources
- Rent local storage spaces or garages
- Bury a cache of water underground in capsules
- Disguise water cubes as furniture by placing a cloth over it
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask me a question by leaving me a voicemail at 813-658-8257 or Send me a voice message
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one. Your feedback helps me to better serve the prepper community.
- Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher