Manage episode 274649216 series 2556598
Dr. Eric Selinger is back to discuss Glitterland by Alexis Hall and how it's basically a big old allegory for the romance genre. Eric and I speak authoritatively about books we've never read, and how Glitterland addresses mental health stigma.
- Sign up for the email newsletter list | Website | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads | Email: Andrea@shelflovepodcast.com
- 58 Romance Novellas For A Quick Hit of Hope
- Check out Shelf Love’s updated website including the transcript for this episode
- Shelf Love episodes with transcripts
Guest: Eric Selinger
Books we reference (and either have or have not read):
- Eva Illouz - Consuming the Romantic Utopia: Love and the Cultural Contradictions of Capitalism
- The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
- "Elizabeth Lane, reading this as a Christian romance novel": Unfortunately the original links are dead but this is Eric's post writing about his reaction.
- How to Talk About Books That You Haven't Read
- Laura Vivanco - For Love and Money - Chapter 3 is about "Metafiction"
- CS Lewis - Surprised By Joy, which is about his becoming a Christian
- JRR Tolkein - On FairyStories.