Manage episode 273572067 series 2556598
Romance scholar Eric Selinger explores different questions that have been asked about popular romance (not enough), how romance research has come in waves (three, to be precise), and asks "how can I make this romance more interesting?" (you always can).
- Sign up for the email newsletter list | Website | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads | Email: Andrea@shelflovepodcast.com
- 58 Romance Novellas For A Quick Hit of Hope
- Check out Shelf Love’s updated website including the transcript for this episode
- Shelf Love episodes with transcripts
Guest: Eric Selinger
Eric also lent his expertise to the Modern Romance Canon episode.
- Stephanie Burt Don't Read Poetry
- Michael Moorcock SFF book by Mark Scroggins
- What is it Then Between Us: Traditions of Love in American Poetry by Eric Selinger
- Eric's Researching the Romance 2018 Talk: How can I make this more interesting? Also, My Beautiful Enemy!
- Video with Eric Selinger from the Popular Romance Project
- IASPR Digital Showcase 2020 Conference: View every presentation here!
- Become a member! I became a member as an "independent scholar" for just $25.