Executive Protection Skills Gaps | Steve Hernandez & Craig McKim
Manage episode 348100019 series 2853505
Beyond the 'hard' and 'soft' EP skills debate what are employers really looking for today? Can they afford to be selective during what some have described as a shortage of qualified candidates?
We are delighted to be joined by Steve Hernandez, CEO, The North Group and Craig McKim, Co-Founder, Maverick Protection group to ask:
- Will we start to recruit from non-typical sectors to develop tomorrow's EP team?
- What do 'technology skills' actually look like in the context of protection?
- How marked is the gap between operator and business owner skillsets?
- Is there a skillset gap or actually a lack of available candidates?
- Are some 'soft' skills actually key 'hard' skills today?
More about the Circuit:
The Circuit Magazine is written and produced by volunteers, most of who are operationally active, working full time in the security industry. The magazine is a product of their combined passion and desire to give something back to the industry. By subscribing to the magazine you are helping to keep it going into the future. Find out more >
If you liked this podcast, we have an accompanying weekly newsletter called 'On the Circuit' where we take a deeper dive into the wider industry. Opt in here >
The Circuit team is:
- Elijah Shaw
- Jon Moss
- Shaun West
- Phelim Rowe
Connect with Us: