Manage episode 373995349 series 2952108
"Every single time we're thinking about an innovation: a new flavour, packaging upgrades, or who we're hiring... we're thinking about it through the lens of impact and connecting with people in the community."
— Sheena Russell, Made With Local
In this episode
Meet Sheena Russell, founder of Made With Local. Sheena joins Coralus Development Guide MJ Ryan to discuss her journey of starting Made With Local, beginning from a farmers market table, and their subsequent growth trajectory while keeping values-alignment at the forefront of everything the company does. The two also celebrate Made With Local's milestone of paying off their Coralus Venture loan!
They also discuss:
- Building their own bakery in 2022 with support from the Coralus community
- Recently closing their fiscal year with $3m in revenue
- Challenges faced along the way
- Making the decision to stop fundraising
- Ensuring they are using business as a force for good and supporting positive buying decisions