Manage episode 375193142 series 2952108
“The advantage of our technology is that we can support and predict if a certain medication will work for the patient or not.” — Margaret Magdesian, Ananda Devices
In this episode
Hear from Margaret Magdesian, founder of Ananda Devices. Margaret joins Coralus Development Guide MJ Ryan to discuss her background as a biochemist and pharmacologist, the path that led her to start Ananda, and her invention, which makes testing medications neurological diseases possible by creating a model of the human nervous system on a chip. They also discuss Margaret's experience in the Coralus community and celebrate the repayment of her Venture loan.
They also discuss:
- How this innovation reduces animal testing and delivers better medications to patients
- Getting her first contracts with cosmetics companies (L'Oreal)
- Experiences in Silicon Valley and fighting for a seat at the table
- Getting a contract with the FDA to become the gold standard for drug testing
- Her advice for people who are thinking of starting a business
- The challenges of disrupting structures that are very fixed
- Reflections from the Coralus PEI retreat this past June
We invite you to join us as an Activator.
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to the Ripples of Radical Generosity Podcast.