Manage episode 295204108 series 2774108
If you’ve been wondering what to do with that constant overflow of kitchen and yard debris that’s left after cooking and pruning … this is the episode for you. In short, you need to compost!
In this episode of Pantry Chat, Josh and Carolyn get down and dirty with a short tutorial on the art and science of easy home composting. Grab your shovel (and a cold lemonade), and listen in!
In this Episode:
- Chit Chat: June is the “everything” month!
- A homesteader’s trick to having a happy marriage
- How the pigs are helping the compost heap
- The beginning of cheese production
- The dairy class is coming September 1st!
- How to pressure can beef stew
- The first step in composting (not “wear boots”)
- What can and can’t be composted
- A simple explanation of the science behind composting
- How much space you’ll need for composting
- How to build a simple composting space
- What italian food has to do with composting
- Get yourself a composting thermometer (see link below)
- Composting and regional weather patterns
- The basics of building beautiful compost