Manage episode 328998113 series 2982448
If you’ve listened to Online Marketing Made Easy for a while, you know that a) it’s been a true labor of love, and b) a) it’s come a loooooong way since I first started it nine years ago.
It’s taken a lot of hard work and late nights burning the midnight oil to become what it is today -- and it's all paid off because we recently hit a MAJOR milestone -- 1 million downloads in a single month. That’s almost DOUBLE the downloads from the previous month! I’m beyond proud of my team, and so incredibly grateful for our listeners!
But like anything, achieving this goal took a willingness to try something that we’ve never done before, and as always, a little bit of trial and error. Luckily, our perfect storm of strategies worked like a charm, and I am so excited to share them with you in this episode.
Whether you have a podcast now or are looking to start one soon, this episode will give you a step-by-step playbook on how to increase your downloads in a really big way.
I share the exact steps of what I did -- not only covering the strategies themselves but everything from the software we used, to where we placed ads -- so grab a pen and paper because you’re definitely going to want to take notes.
Here’s a glance at this episode...
- [07:57] In December of 2021, we went from being just shy of 600,000 downloads to over one million in January.
- [08:42] Strategy #1: We created a quiz that made a curated playlist for listeners. We used Interact to make the quiz, created a landing page for the quiz, and directed listeners to podcasts that would best help them using a PDF.
- [14:14] Strategy #2: We did two types of ads during our promo week.
- [17:32] Strategy #3: We used Instagram Live for Coffee and Coaching. During the live coaching, I was plugging the quiz.
- [20:53] Strategy #4: We were strategic about our promo email sequence – making sure to keep our subscribers engaged.
- [22:49] Strategy #6: We drove visitors from our website to our promo using a pop-up box and a sky bar banner.
- [25:06] Strategy #7: We got scrappy and sent out an email to our students and asked them to help us reach that 1 million mark. If you are a student who helped, I greatly appreciate it!
- [28:37] Strategy #8: Be super intentional about what episode or episodes you release during your promo week. We wanted a big-name guest and that was my friend Brendon Burchard.
- [35:30] Action items: Pull out your calendar and select a few dates that would be good for a promo like this!
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
"I love Amy and Online Marketing Made Easy." <-- If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people -- just like you -- move toward the online life and business that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, follow the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Follow now!