Mr and Mrs Therapy, Trauma Therapy, Childhood Trauma, Healthy Relationships, Manage Anxiety, Depression, EMDR, Codependent Relationship, Positive Self Talk
Sleep Can Improve Your Life....Not Sleeping Can Kill You!
Manage episode 357510023 series 3399575
Can losing 1 hour of sleep really make a difference? In short, YES!
This Sunday is the start of Day Light Savings Time where many of us will change our clocks & "Spring Forward." Besides being exhausted the next day, why should we even care? Because there can be short term & long term effects while we not only lose this hour of sleep, but throughout the months of March - November we are getting less morning sunlight & throwing our circadian rhythms into a frenzy.
In just the week after Day Light Savings Time begins, research shows an associated rise in:
1. Cardiovascular disease, with a 24% higher risk of heart attacks
2. Injuries, including a 6% spike in fatal car accidents
3. Stroke rate, which increase by 8%
4. Mental health & cognitive issues, with an 11% spike in depressive episodes
5. Digestive and immune-related diseases, such as colitis, which increase by 3% in females over age 60.
Resource mentioned in this episode:
TedTalk by the Dr. Matthew Walker aka "Sleep Diplomat": Sleep is Your Superpower
**We'd love for you to join us over at our Facebook Community! Join us here >>> Facebook Group
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org