Manage episode 314737486 series 3234219
What is causing the shortage of goods and workers? What should we do about it?
Topics covered include:
- How a tree pandemic killed billions of American Chestnut trees
- How a massive increase in demand has crippled the global supply, leading to an eight-fold increase in shipping costs
- Why there are so many job openings and people quitting their jobs
- Why the free market doesn't work as well for child daycare
- How stimulus payments during the pandemic reduced poverty rates
- What is the lying flat movement
- How everything is in place for an extended period of high inflation even though the bond market still anticipates inflation will be transitory
- Why we should own real things and plan more downtime
For more information on this episode click here.