Manage episode 314737488 series 3234219
What are the demand and supply drivers of home prices? What is the current status of those drivers and do they suggest a housing price crash is imminent, particularly given mortgage forbearance programs are ending?
Topics covered include:
- How much have home prices appreciated in the past year compared to historical rates
- What has driven the demand shock for housing
- Why U.S. houses are so much more affordable compared to earlier periods
- How big is the housing shortage in the U.S.
- What could cause home prices to crash
- How housing supply and demand drivers apply to local real estate markets
- How to purchase a home in a hot housing market
For more information on this episode click here.