Manage episode 324144320 series 3234219
Stories determine economic and financial outcomes, both our own and the world in aggregate. Here's how to craft and follow stories that will lead to better financial outcomes and greater happiness.
Topics covered include:
- How financial narratives give us the confidence to take action in the face of uncertainty and potential loss
- How the greater the stakes, the more we rely on anecdotal evidence rather than statistics
- Is the world more stable and predictable or in a constant state of disorder
- How stories determine what we buy and aspire to and how marketers try to influence those stories
- How stories of fear and greed influenced economic outcomes in the 1920s and 1930s
- How more precise stories lead to greater confidence and potentially to manipulation.
- How to get off the hedonic treadmill in order to be happier
For more information on this episode click here.