Manage episode 325499121 series 2137790
Why food costs are soaring and what we can do about it. Why inflation rates could start to drop. Why commodity futures, including agriculture futures, have been lousy inflation hedges, and what has worked better.
Topics covered include:
- Previous investment recommendations by Money For the Rest of Us to combat inflation
- Why commodity futures hedge against unexpected inflation but have underperformed inflation over the long-term
- A recommended ETF for investing in commodity futures
- What is causing the jump in food prices and fertilizer
- Why the risk of food shortages is increasing and what are remedies to solve it
- Why agriculture price increases don't always lead to higher food costs at the store
- Why inflation rates could slow in the coming months
For more information on this episode click here.