Manage episode 334800646 series 2915182
Untigering, Unschooling & Deconstructing Success
Iris Chen is an author, unschooling mom, deconstructing tiger parent, and founder of the Untigering movement. She joins me on this episode to talk about their unschooling journey, Tiger Moms, Untigering, and Deconstructing Success and Expectations.
"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do and liking how you do it." Maya Angelou
Iris describes herself as a deconstructing, recovering Tiger Parent. The process of Untigering and Deschooling has been a gradual change. In this episode we explored:
- The definition of a Tiger Mom
- Achievement, Expectations, Trauma and Tiger Parenting
- Why she is Untigering
- Unschooling and deschooling
- Children of Immigrant Parents- Finding compassion, empathy, truth and seeking to do better
- Fear and Scarcity Mindset in Parenting
- Success and Decolonizing our ideas of success
- How we can sit back a little, observe, support, encourage and allow our kids to figure things out for themselves
- Unschooling and Boundaries
- Burnout and Deschooling
- The importance of community
Resources and Community
Iris offers wonderful resources and community support for parents that are on the journey of deschooling, deconstructing and decolonizing. Check out:
Mentioned in the episode- Battle Hymn of The Tiger Mom
If you are looking for more support in your homeschool journey- I’ve also got you! Check out my Patreon Community where I offer monthly Live Q&A on all your homeschool, unschool and self directed learning questions. For the summer of 2022- this live support is open to ALL Patron levels. You also have access to my downloads, special videos, insights and interviews with my family! https://www.patreon.com/honeyimhomeschoolingthekids
Honey! I’m Homeschooling Club on Clubhouse App offer free weekly discussion groups and support.
Follow me on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, check out my interview with Akilah S Richards~Educational Freedom
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.