339: HOME BIRTH STORY - Courageously Processing Grief and Trauma: Breech, Transfer and Cesarean with Caitlin Thompson
Manage episode 298424285 series 2394616
How can you advocate for yourself in the midst of chaos? How can you be an active participant in your birth when you feel like all of your control is being taken away?
In today’s episode, we’re talking to Caitlin Thompson about her 2nd birth, a planned home birth with a last minute hospital transfer.
This is the third time we’ve had Caitlin on the podcast (links to our first two episodes are below: one covering her conception journey with her wife Shona as they went through multiple insemination attempts and how they were planning for their first birth and the second to share the details of the birth of their daughter Florence).
For the story of the birth of her second daughter Juniper, Caitlin walks us through the conception journey (taking about 8 insemination attempts) as well as the events that led to a hospital transfer when her midwife discovered that her baby was in a breech position.
We also discuss how Caitlin is processing the events of her birth and how she is healing through grief and trauma.
Things we talk about in this episode: LGBTQ family, insemination, trying to conceive, sperm donation, 2nd birth, home birth transfer to hospital, consent in the hospital, cesarean, processing and healing birth trauma
- First episode with Caitlin: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/doing-it-at-home/id1153134918?i=1000404119591
- Second episode with Caitlin and her wife Shona https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/doing-it-at-home/id1153134918?i=1000421983419
- Our website: https://www.diahpodcast.com/
- Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/3jKtIYv
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/diahpodcast/
- DIAH YouTube: DIAH YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGoKeBfEZ143sWU7V9I5Gdg
- DIAH Store: https://yoursuccessfulhomebirth.com/
- DIAH Merch: ttps://bit.ly/3qhwgAe
- Donate to DIAH: https://bit.ly/3qgm4r9