337: HOME BIRTH STORY - Switching to Home Birth, Breaking Up with the OB and Dealing with Pushbacks and Judgments with Sarah Bivens (Part 1)
Manage episode 297396139 series 2394616
How do you move through and relate to a lot of the challenges that can come up when you make the switch to have a home birth?
Today we have a unique episode. Our guest is Sarah Bivens! Usually acting as co-host, the roles got shifted up a bit when Matthew and Sarah decided to sit down and have Matthew interview Sarah on her pregnancy and birth experience.
In this part 1, we walk through the decision to have a home birth (and how it wasn’t very plain and simple), changing care providers, addressing challenges with friends and family around the stigmas associated with home birth and some of the preparation and envisioning for the home birth experience as first time parents. Part 2 will feature the full birth story, in a different way than we have shared it before on the podcast, since in this instance Sarah is the “guest” and Matthew is the main host.
Things we talk about in this episode: first time parents, switching from a hospital birth to a home birth, breaking up with an OBGYN, finding midwives, choosing birth team members, birth prep, addressing fears and judgments around home birth
- Happy Healthy Child: https://www.sarahkamrath.com/happy-healthy-child
- Our website: https://www.diahpodcast.com/
- Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/3jKtIYv
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/diahpodcast/
- DIAH YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGoKeBfEZ143sWU7V9I5Gdg
- DIAH Store: https://yoursuccessfulhomebirth.com/
- DIAH Merch: ttps://bit.ly/3qhwgAe
- Donate to DIAH: https://bit.ly/3qgm4r9