335: HOME BIRTH STORY - Second Generation En Caul Home Birth with Nuchal Cord and Hand with Morgan Oberstein
Manage episode 296245951 series 2394616
What happens when you were born at home, and then you grow up to realize that it’s actually not considered “normal” for most people?
For Morgan Oberstein, home birth was a very normalized thing within her family. Not only was she born at home, but she and other home birth children amongst the extended family would often be at attendance for other home births within the group.
In this interview, Morgan shares her own home birth journey with her daughter Brooklyn. A perinatal chiropractor, Morgan had the experience of supporting many women through their own motherhood transitions. Even with her expertise and background, Morgan still wanted to have the experience and process of being a birthing person on her own -- so that meant taking classes and educating herself as well as honoring her own unique fears and challenges. One of the largest being a limiting belief around first-time mothers choosing home birth.
Morgan tells us how she moved through going past “due date,” plus her vision for her birth and how it ultimately unfolded
Things we talk about in this episode: chiropractors, use of water in birth, cervical checks, birth team support, pushing, en caul, nuchal cord, nuchal hand and pets at your birth
- Morgan’s website: www.drmorganblackburn.com
- Morgan’s chiropractic practice website: www.connectioncafechiropractic.com
- Mogran’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dr.morganjade/
- Our website: https://www.diahpodcast.com/
- Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/3jKtIYv
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/diahpodcast/
- Donate to DIAH: https://bit.ly/3qgm4r9
- DIAH Shop: ttps://bit.ly/3qhwgAe