Manage episode 302682151 series 1409924
At Asian Efficiency we follow a project management philosophy called “Scrum”. You might have heard of it. It’s popular in the software industry but not so much outside of it which is a shame because it’s a powerful way of getting things done for teams. One of the elements of practicing Scrum is called a “Retrospective” and that’s what today’s topic is about.
Whether you’re new to the topic or are already familiar with it, we’ll show you how you can use a retrospective to make you more effective and productive. We’ll share three tips you must know to run an effective Retrospective and some mistakes you want to avoid (that we had to learn the hard way).
For a limited time, get 40% off a Calm Premium subscription at Calm.com/tps.
Thanks also to Truebill for supporting The Productivity Show. Get your subscriptions undercontrol, go to Truebill.com/tps – it could save you hundreds a year.
Go to BankNovo.com/tps to sign up for FREE and get a FREE copy of Novo’s Small Business Starter Guide.
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/370.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Top 3 productivity resources for this week. [3:12]
- What is a Retrospective? [6:31]
- What can you do to better visualize and understand Retrospectives? [7:52]
- How can you use Retrospectives if you aren’t a decision-maker for your team? [11:31]
- What is the first tip to run a Retrospective? [13:33]
- What does Thanh like to do for AE’s quarterly “learning day?” [23:01]
- What is Brooks’ tip on running a Retrospective? [25:33]
- What are some questions AE brings to their Retrospective “round table?” [27:18]
- What does Brooks feel is most powerful about running a Retrospective? [30:22]
- What is Thanh’s final tip on running a retrospective? [31:18]
- Book- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, by Patrick Lencioni
- Book- Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time
- Scrum Alliance
- Our 3 Biggest Challenges of Implementing Scrum & How We Overcame Them (TPS191)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.