Manage episode 330391669 series 2137790
We explore whether long-term and short-term single-family home rentals are contributing to higher rents, higher home prices, and a housing shortage. What are the options for investing in this space and should we?
Topics covered include:
- What is financialization
- What are examples of how financialization and government policy has impacted housing
- How homeownership rates vary around the world
- How much of a presence do equity REITs have in the single-family home rental space
- How a housing shortage and more vacation rentals show up in vacancy rates
- How short-term rentals can magnify the housing shortage
- What are options for investing in single-family home rentals
For more information on this episode click here.
American Homes 4 Rent (AMH)
Invitation Homes (INVH)
Sun Communities Inc (SUI)