Manage episode 329685916 series 2137790
How financial markets and the economy performed last time the Federal Reserve took away the punch bowl by raising its policy rate and pursuing quantitative tightening. Things worked out fine that time. Will it be different this time?
Topics covered include:
- Where did the phrase take away the punch bowl come from
- How central bank actions can slow the economy and lower inflation.
- The difference between having cash and having wealth
- How quantitative easing and quantitative tightening work
- What happened last time the Federal Reserve pursued quantitative tightening
For more information on this episode click here.