EP 254: Smart Nutrition, Precision Medicine, And The Future Of Peak Performance with Ari Tulla of Elo.Health
Manage episode 328030895 series 1276697
- Oura ring sleep tracker (or similar) helps you to test how your body reacts to the recommendations listed below.
- Set a “go-to-sleep” time instead of wake-up time. I go to sleep between 10pm-11pm. Going to sleep before 10pm always gives better quality sleep (and more REM sleep).
- Cool environment 65 degrees
- Blackout curtains
- Comfortable mattress (avoid hot memory foam mattresses), small pillow, down blanket
- Earplugs — I have worn earplugs on for the last 6 years and they significantly improve sleep quality
- L-theanine 200mg — Several studies suggest that L-theanine could help people relax before bedtime, get to sleep more easily, and sleep more deeply. These benefits may result from the specific effects that amino acid has on brain chemicals that play a role in sleep.
- Magnesium L-Threonate 1,000mg — Magnesium plays a particularly important role as it is needed to form serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline. Magnesium also helps form melatonin as serotonin gets converted to melatonin which is needed for sleep.
- Apigenin 50mg — Apigenin binds to specific receptors in your brain that may decrease anxiety and initiate sleep.
- Eat dinner (or other food) before 7pm
- No alcohol after 7pm
- No caffeine after 2pm
- Chamomile tea 8pm
- Hot shower right before going to bed
- No physical training after 7pm
- Evening stretching (15minutes) and Theragun massage (10 minutes) on days with intense exercise
- Lower the light level and avoid screens (blue light) after 8pm
- 30 minutes of sunlight in the morning (within 1 hour of waking up) to set your circadian rhythm
- Wind-down rituals before sleep (journaling, turning on night lights, and putting on pajamas).
- Yoga Nidra breathing exercise in bed to help you fall asleep (go through your body and relax from toes to head). Read more here.
- Deep breathing in bed (physiological sigh). Breathe deeply through the nose and once lungs feel full do one quick inhale. Repeat 4-6 times and you are relaxed and ready to fall asleep. Learn details at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBdhqBGqiMc
- Learn more about our one-on-one Biohacker Coaching program www.BiohackerCoaching.com
- Grab your free copy of The Biohacker's Guide to Upgraded Energy and Focus (just help with s/h) https://biohackersguide.com/free-guide
- Subscribe to our free email newsletter www.biohackersguide.com/energycrash
- Subscribe to The Biohacking Secrets Show podcast https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-biohacking-secrets-show/id1139825099
Join Our Uncensored Telegram Channel for VIP Biohacking Content You Can't Get On Social