Manage episode 248785023 series 2112527
Welcome to This episode of The Riadi Club Podcast.
Does the idea of a Not To Do List seem strange? Do you have one? You should. Most entrepreneurs don’t need to add more to their To Do list. In this podcast, we talk about how important it is for entrepreneurs to focus on the activities around their Unique Ability. Other activities belong on your Not To Do List for you to either eliminate, delegate, or automate.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- That most entrepreneurs have too many things on their To Do List that is outside of their Unique Ability
- Why you want to spend 80% of your time working within your Unique Ability
- Why your Not To Do List is more important than your To Do List
- What kind of tasks belong on your Not To Do List
- The importance of delegating, eliminating, or automating tasks
- How to structure your work week so you have focus days and buffer days
- Why focusing on only 3 primary tasks each day and 3 priorities each week
Your call to action from this podcast
- Create a list of the things you do today that you hate to do and find draining. Don’t worry about who’s going to do it or how it’s going to get done.
- Determine which of the things you listed can be eliminated, which can be delegated, and which can be automated. Every month, schedule a one-hour Not To Do List meeting with yourself where you focus on eliminating, delegating, or automating the tasks on the list
- Choose 2 or 3 days during your workweek that you dedicate as “focus” days where you are working within your Unique Ability and not doing anything on your Not To Do List
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
- Previous podcasts about Unique Ability include
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you'd like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode on How to not stress about time, please share it with your friends.
Don't forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates for "The Riadi Club Podcast!"
Thanks for listening!